Entries close on the 26 September
Maxi Race 75km
JOURNEY THROUGH HEAVEN
The Maxi Race, a 75km Ultra trail with 3264m of elevation gain, is, without doubt, a demanding mountain course, truly a personal challenge that requires dedicated and detailed preparation!
Maxi Race 75km – Information
- Date: Saturday 2nd of October 2021
- Race Village & Registration: Stellenbosch High School
- Start: NG Kerk Franschhoek
- Finish: Franschhoek Cellars
- Cut Off Time: 16 hours
- Race Briefing: 5:45am
- Start time: 6:00am
- Entry fee: R2400 This entry includes well marked trails, Maxirace T-shirt, goodie bag, aid stations stocked with food, coke, ice and water, timing chip & international standard race village
- Entries close 26 September 2021 at midnight
- Registration: Stellenbosch High School
- Live Facebook Race Briefing: Thursday 30th September 2021 at 19:00pm
- Registration for 120km, 75km & 45km ONLY: Friday 1st October 2021 from 14:00pm to 19:00pm. Bib number and goodie bag collection at Stellenbosch Highschool. ALL PARTICIPANTS HAVE TO COME AND REGISTER IN PERSON. NO REGISTERING FOR SOMEONE ELSE.
- Prize Giving Ceremony for 75km and 45km ONLY: Saturday 2 October 2021 16:00pm
There are 6 Aid Stations on the route. All the aid stations on the Maxirace route will be stocked with GU gels, GU energy drinks, water, coke, ice, peanuts, and fruits
Bring enough food and water to get you from one point to the next in any weather conditions (extreme heat, cold, etc.).
- AS1 – Mont Rochelle: 5km: Food + Water + Assistance allowed
- AS2 – Mont Rochelle: 21km: Food + Water + Assistance allowed
- AS3 – Franschhoek NG Kerk: 26km: Food + Water + Drop Bag + Assistance allowed
- AS4 – Bergriver Dam: 37km: Food + Water + Assistance allowed
- AS5 – Bergriver Valley: 50km: Food + Water
- AS6 – Bergriver Gate: 64km: Food + Water + Assistance allowed
- Finish – Franschhoek Cellars: 75km
Cut-offs will be enforced as follows:
- AS3 – Franschhoek NG Kerk: 26km – 12:00pm (6hrs)
- AS5 – Bergriver Valley: 50km – 17:00pm (11hrs)
- Finish – Franschhoek Cellars : 75km – 22:00pm (16hrs)
2 October 2021 - Morning Shuttles
120km & 75km 4:50am Shuttles leaving from Stellenbosch High School to Franschhoek NG Kerk. R80 per
person cash on arrival. Book your seat with Bernadine Williams at email@example.com
120km & 75km 5:10am Franschhoek Cellars to Franschhoek NG Kerk. No booking required – shuttles will be ready to shuttle you 900m to the start at no cost.
45km 5:50am Shuttles leaving from Stellenbosch High School to Franschhoek NG Kerk. R80 per person cash on arrival. Book your seat with Bernadine Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
45km 6:10am Franschhoek Cellars to Franschhoek NG Kerk. No booking required – shuttles will be ready to shuttle you 900m to the start at no cost.
2 October 2021 - Afternoon Shuttles
14:00pm Shuttles leaving from Franschhoek Cellars to Stellenbosch High School. R80 per person cash on arrival. Book your seat with Bernadine Williams at email@example.com
17:00pm Shuttles leaving from Franschhoek Cellars to Stellenbosch High School. R80 per person cash on arrival. Book your seat with Bernadine Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In these assistance zones, you will be able to pick up and drop off anything you. On exit, make sure you are still carrying all the compulsory equipment.
- No runner’s assistants will be allowed in the enclosed zones. This rule applies to everyone, including the elite runners. Any assistance must, therefore, take place before or after these zones.
- You will have access to a bag at the assistance zone 26km into the race at Franschhoek NG Kerk .
- Your Franschhoek NG Kerk bag should go with you to the start. This same bag you will have access to at CP back in Franschhoek after the Mont Rochelle loop (26km). This bag will then be taken back to the allocated area at the finish for collection.
- Waterproof jacket
- Emergency blanket
- Mobile phone: Fully charged
- Water container: Minimum 1 liter (Be aware of your own needs). You alone are responsible for managing your water!
- Reusable Cup: There will be no cups available at the refreshment points or at the finish line, so bring a reusable cup or similar in addition to your water pack. No cup means no drinks!
- Head-lamp: Compulsory for the whole course even if you are at the front of the pack. Bring spare batteries if your model requires it. If your head torch doesn’t work, you will be removed from the race.
- Food: There will only be 2 aid stations with food. Be sure to have enough to keep you going between these points.
- Race BIB: Must be visible and worn on the front (no complaints will be heard if we are unable to place you for this reason). You’ll be given a second electronic chip to attach to the rear of your backpack.
- Poles are allowed
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend you choose your equipment accordingly. Conditions in the mountains can change rapidly. We strongly recommend technical clothing, long trousers, a hat or buff® to cover your head, long gloves.
Want to become an official partner?
Price for the Maxi Race 75 km:
Early Bird Entry: 26 February 2021 – 5 March 2021 at R2000
Normal Price: R2400
Cancellations in writing will be refunded by the following:
- Before 01 May 2021: 60% of entry fee
- 02 May-01 July 2021: 50% of entry fee
- 02 July-01 Aug 2021: 40% of entry fee
- 02 Aug-30 Aug 2021: 30% of entry fee
- After 1 September 2021: No Cancellations/Refunds or Carry Overs will be accepted/allowed!
No Downgrades will be accepted/allowed after 19 September 2021. NO EXCEPTIONS
No Upgrades will be accepted/allowed after 19 September 2021. NO EXCEPTIONS
No Substitutions will be accepted/allowed after 19 September 2021. NO EXCEPTIONS
“I’m an elite runner and wish to be invited” Why not…
Free registration (excluding meals)
- Men: limited places – 10 bib number. You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have more than 800 ITRA point (general ranking) or
- be among the top 3 men in your country
- ladies: limed places – 10 bib numbers You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have more than 699 ITRA points (general ranking) or
- be in the top 3 ladies in your country