Maxi Ultra 120KM
THE ULTIMATE MAXI
The Maxi Ultra, a 120km Ultra trail with 5343m of elevation gain, is, without doubt, a demanding mountain course, truly a personal challenge that requires dedicated and detailed preparation!
Maxi Ultra 120km – Information
- Date: Saturday 2nd of October 2021
- Race Village & Registration: Stellenbosch High School
- Start: NG Kerk Franschhoek
- Finish: Stellenbosch High School
- Cut Off Time: 30 hours
- Race Briefing: 4:45am
- Start time: 5:00am
- Entry fee: R3600 This entry includes well-marked trails, Maxirace T-shirt, goodie bag, aid stations stocked with food, coke, ice and water, timing chip & international standard race village
- Entries close 19 September 2021 at midnight.
- Registration: Stellenbosch High School
- Live Facebook Race Briefing: Thursday 30th September 2021 at 19:00pm
- Registration for 120km, 75km & 45km ONLY: Friday 1st October 2021 from 14:00pm to 19:00pm. Bib number and goodie bag collection at Stellenbosch Highschool. ALL PARTICIPANTS HAVE TO COME AND REGISTER IN PERSON. NO REGISTERING FOR SOMEONE ELSE.
- Prize Giving Ceremony: Sunday 3 October 2021 11:00am
There are 7 Aid Stations on the route. Bring enough food and water to get you from one point to the next in any weather conditions (extreme heat, cold, etc.).
- AS1 – Mont Rochelle: 5km and 22km: Water
- AS2 – Franschhoek NG Kerk: 27km: Food + Water + Drop Bag + Assistance allowed
- AS3 – Bergriver Valley Gate: 35km: Food + Water + Assistance allowed
- AS4 – Bergriver Crossing: 44km: Water
- AS5 – Bergriver Dam: 58km: Food + Water
- AS6 – Boschendal: 68km: Food + Water
- AS7 – Bartinney Wine Farm: 85km: Food + Water + Drop Bag + Assistance allowed
- AS8 – Edenforest: 96km and 112km: Water + Food
- Finish – Stellenbosch High School
Cut-offs will be enforced as follows:
- AS2 Franschhoek: 27km – 12:00pm (7hrs)
- AS7 Bartinney Wine Farm: 85km – 12:00am (19hrs)
- Finish Stellenbosch High School: 120km – 11:00am (30hrs)
2 October 2021 – Morning Shuttles
120km & 75km 3:50am Shuttles leaving from Stellenbosch High School to Franschhoek NG Kerk. R80 per person cash on arrival.
45km 5:50am Shuttles leaving from Stellenbosch High School to Franschhoek NG Kerk. R80 per person cash on arrival.
2 October 2021 – Afternoon Shuttles
13:00pm Shuttles leaving from Stellenbosch High School to Franschhoek NG Kerk. R80 per person cash on arrival.
15:00pm Shuttles leaving from Stellenbosch High School to Franschhoek NG Kerk. R80 per person cash on arrival.
18:00pm Shuttles leaving from Stellenbosch High School to Franschhoek NG Kerk. R80 per person cash on arrival.
Book your seat with Bernadine Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In these assistance zones, you will be able to pick up and drop off anything you. On exit, make sure you are still carrying all the compulsory equipment.
No runner’s assistants will be allowed in the enclosed zones. This rule applies to everyone, including the elite runners. Any assistance must, therefore, take place before or after these zones.
- You will have access to a bag at both assistance zones (27km and 85km), these are 2 different bags and should be labeled accordingly.
- VERY NB: Should you wish to have a bag at Bartinney (85km) this MUST be brought with you to the race village on Friday 1 October 2021 and dropped off in the allocated area at registration.
- Your Franschhoek NG Kerk bag should go with you to the start. This same bag you will have access to at Franschhoek NG Kerk after the Mont Rochelle loop (27km). This bag will then be taken back to the allocated area at registration for collection.
- Waterproof jacket
- Emergency blanket
- Mobile phone: Fully charged
- Water container: Minimum 1 litre (Be aware of your own needs). You alone are responsible for managing your water!
- Reusable Cup: There will be no cups available at the refreshment points or at the finish line, so bring a reusable cup or similar in addition to your water pack. No cup means no drinks!
- Head-lamp: Compulsory for the whole course even if you are at the front of the pack. Bring spare batteries if your model requires it. If your head torch doesn’t work, you will be removed from the race.
- Food: There will only be 2 aid stations with food. Be sure to have enough to keep you going between these points.
- Race BIB: Must be visible and worn on the front (no complaints will be heard if we are unable to place you for this reason). You’ll be given a second electronic chip to attach to the rear of your backpack.
- Poles are allowed
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend you choose your equipment accordingly. Conditions in the mountains can change rapidly. We strongly recommend technical clothing, long trousers, a hat or buff® to cover your head and long gloves.
Want to become an official partner?
Price for the Maxi Ultra 120 km:
Early Bird Entry: 26 February 2021 – 5 March 2021 at R3000
Normal Price: R3600
Cancellations in writing will be refunded by the following:
- Before 01 May 2021: 60% of entry fee
- 02 May-01 July 2021: 50% of entry fee
- 02 July-01 Aug 2021: 40% of entry fee
- 02 Aug-30 Aug 2021: 30% of entry fee
- From 1 September 2021: No Cancellations/Refunds or Carry Overs will be accepted/allowed!
No Downgrades will be accepted/allowed after 19 September 2021. NO EXCEPTIONS
No Substitutions will be accepted/allowed after 19 September 2021. NO EXCEPTIONS
“I’m an elite runner and wish to be invited” Why not…
Free registration (excluding meals)
- Men: limited places – 10 bib numbers. You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have more than 800 ITRA point (general ranking) or
- be among the top 3 men in your country
- Ladies: limited places – 10 bib numbers. You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have 699 ITRA points (general ranking) or
- be in the top 3 ladies in your country