Marathon Race 40Km
Enter the 2nd edition here: http://bit.ly/maxientries
- 39km – 1300m climb and 1550m descent
- Date: Saturday 3rd of October 2020
- Podium Sunday 4th October –> 3 first men + 3 first ladies
- The Marathon Race is open to all men and ladies aged over 20 years (born 2000 and earlier), no membership to an association required.
- Start venue: Bartinney Wine Farm
- Finish venue: Stellenbosch Primary
- Cut Off time: 10 hours
- Wednesday 6th November 2019: Entries open
- Sunday 26th September 2020: Entries close
- Friday 2nd October from 2pm to 7:30pm: Bib number and welcome pack collection in Stellenbosch. Don’t forget your proof of ID (ID card/passport or membership photo card).
- Saturday 3rd October:
- 6:45am: Briefing
- 7am: Start
- Sunday 4th October:
- 12am: Prize Giving Ceremony
There are 2 Aid Stations on the route. Bring enough food and water to get you from one point to the next in any weather conditions (extreme heat, cold, etc.).
- AS1 – Plaisir de Merle: 12km: Water
- AS2 – Muratie Wine Farm: 26km: Food + Water + Assistance allowed
- AS2 – Muratie – 26km: The restaurant will serve light snacks and drinks
- In these assistance zones, you will be able to pick up and drop off anything you want between the green sign (entrance) and the red sign (exit). On exit, make sure you are still carrying all the compulsory equipment.
- No runner’s assistants will be allowed in the enclosed zones. This rule applies to everyone, including the elite runners. Any assistance must, therefore, take place before or after these zones, between the green sign (start of the zone) and the red sign (end of zone).
Cut off Points are as follows:
- AS2 – Muratie 26km: 12:30pm (5.5hrs)
- Finish – Stellenbosch Primary: 5pm (10hrs)
- Waterproof jacket
- Emergency blanket
- Mobile phone: Fully charged
- Water container: Minimum 1 liter (Be aware of your own needs). You alone are responsible for managing your water!
- Reusable Cup: There will be no cups available at the refreshment points or at the finish line, so bring a reusable cup or similar in addition to your water pack. No cup means no drinks!
- Food: There will only be 3 aid stations with food. Be sure to have enough to keep you going between these points.
- Race BIB: Must be visible and worn on the front (no complaints will be heard if we are unable to place you for this reason). You’ll be given a second electronic chip to attach to the rear of your backpack.
- Poles are allowed
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend you choose your equipment accordingly. Conditions in the mountains can change rapidly. We strongly recommend technical clothing, long trousers, a hat or buff® to cover your head, long gloves.
2019 Route & Profile
Want to become an official partner?
Price for the Marathon Race 40 km:
- EARLY BIRD (between 6 & 7th of November 2019 at 12pm): R750
- Price after the early bird: R950
Cancellations in writing will be refunded by the following:
- Before 01 May 2020: 60% of entry fee
- 02 May-01 July 2020: 50% of entry fee
- 02 July-01 Aug 2020: 40% of entry fee
- 02 Aug-30 Aug 2020: 30% of entry fee
- After 01 September 2020: NO REFUND
It is possible to downgrade through Energy Events. There is a R50 fee.
It is possible to upgrade through Energy Events. There is a R50 fee + the difference between the races.
It is possible to give your BIB to someone else. Find the runner (you can post on our Facebook page) and process the change through Energy Events. There is a R50 fee.
“I’m an elite runner and wish to be invited” Why not…
Free registration (excluding meals)
- Men: limited places – 10 bib number. You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have more than 800 ITRA point (general ranking) or
- be among the top 3 men in your country
- ladies: limed places – 10 bib numbers You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have 699 ITRA points (general ranking) or
- be in the top 3 ladies in your country
Bib number collection
Bib number and welcome pack collection at Stellenbosch Laerskool between 2pm and 7pm on Friday the 2nd of October 2020. The finish line is there too.
The adress is Endler Rd, Mostertsdrift, Stellenbosch, 7600
Here is the Google Map link: http://bit.ly/biblaerskool
Start of the race
The start is at Bartinney Estate at 7am of Saturday the 3rd of October 2020
The adress is Bartinney Estate on the Helshoogte Pass, Stellenbosch, 7600
Here is the Google Map link: http://bit.ly/Bartinney