- 38km – 2400m climb and descent
- Date: Saturday 18th of May 2019
- The Ultra-Race is open to all men and ladies aged over 20 years (born 1998 and earlier), no membership to an association required.
- 21st March: deadline for submitting your medical certificate (signed and stamped) or FFA (or FFTRI) membership in your account.
- Friday 17th May from 12.30am to 6.30pm: Bib number and welcome pack collection in Stellenbosch. Don’t forget your proof of ID (ID card/passport or membership photo card) and your bag containing the compulsory equipment.
- Saturday 18th May:
- Entry and starting line up in order of bib numbers
Bring enough food and water to get you from one point to the next in any weather conditions (extreme heat, cold, etc.).
- CP 1 – Mountain Vineyard
- CP 2 – Muratie
- CP 2 – Muratie
- In these assistance zones, you will be able to pick up and drop off anything you want between the green sign (entrance) and the red sign (exit). On exit, make sure you are still carrying all the compulsory equipment.
- No runner’s assistants will be allowed in the enclosed zones. This rule applies to everyone, including the elite runners. Any assistance must, therefore, take place before or after these zones, between the green sign (start of the zone) and the red sign (end of zone).
- You will be given a bag along with your bib number, to be dropped off Friday evening at the MaXi-Village (NOT at the start line on Saturday morning). It will be placed at the 2nd assistance zone at Swaerriverhoek and returned to you at the finish gate from 8 am on Sunday.
Infomation on cut off’s will be provided soon
- “Waterproof, breathable” Gore-Tex style jacket
- Emergency blanket in its original packaging and not cut up.
- Fully charged mobile phone
- Water container max 1 litre (there will be long sections without water, so be aware of your own needs). You alone are responsible for managing your water!
- There will be no cups available at the refreshment points or at the finish line, so bring a reusable cup or similar in addition to your water pack. No cup means no drinks!
- Head torch for the whole course, even if you are at the front of the pack. Bring spare batteries if your model requires it. If your head torch doesn’t work, you will be removed from the race.
- Food: there will only be 3 full and 2 very light refreshment points. Be sure to have enough to keep you going between these points.
- Suitable shoes (trail running shoes)
- The race bib must be visible and worn on the front (no complaints will be heard if we are unable to place you for this reason). You’ll be given a second electronic chip to attach to the rear of your backpack.
- Poles are allowed
- In case of bad weather, we strongly recommend you choose your equipment accordingly. Conditions in the mountains can change rapidly. We strongly recommend technical clothing, long trousers, a hat or buff® to cover your head, long gloves.
Want to become an official partner?
- Race course and profile
Price for the Maxi-Race 38 km:
- R 1200
10% increase on all prices after 01 February 2019
“I’m an elite runner and wish to be invited” Why not…
Free registration (excluding meals)
- Men: limited places – 10 bib number. You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have more than 800 ITRA point (general ranking) or
- be among the top 3 men in your country
- ladies: limed places – 10 bib numbers You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have 699 ITRA points (general ranking) or
- be in the top 3 ladies in your country
Bib number collection and start of the race
Bib number and welcome pack collection in Stellenbosch
Maxi-Village South Africa
- Retrait des dossards
- Départ de la course
- Arrivée de la course
6 Avenue du Petit Port, 74940 Annecy-le-Vieux, France