Short Race 20km
Please read through the Event Guide carefully, it contains all the info you will need.
GATEWAY TO TRAIL
- 19km – 500m climb and descent
- Date: Sunday 6th of October 2019
- Start venue: Stellenbosch Laerskool
- Finish venue: Stellenbosch Laerskool
- Cut off: 5hrs
- Friday 4th October 2019 from 2pm to 7:30pm: Bib number and welcome pack collection at Stellenbosch Primary. Don’t forget your proof of ID (ID card/passport or membership photo card).
- Saturday 5th October from 10am to 6pm: Bib collection available at Stellenbosch Primary. Remember the 40km, 68km and 100km are on Saturday so come along to support these heroes!
- Sunday 6th October:
- 6am to 7am: Still possible to pick up your Bib number and welcome pack
- 7:30am: Entry in the starting line
- 7:45am: Briefing
- 8am: Start
- 12am: Prize Giving Ceremony
There will be one aid station at km10 in Mont Marie. Food and water will be available and even some wine. Don’t forget to stop for a wine tasting to get into the Cape Winelands spirit!
There will be also a Water point at km6 and km13 (same place, you will pass 2 times there).
- AS1 – Mont Marie 10km: 10:30am (2.5hrs)
- Finish – Stellenbosch Primary: 1pm (5hrs)
There is no compulsory equipment but we strongly recommend you choose your equipment accordingly. Conditions in the mountains can change rapidly.
However if you want to be able to drink at the aid station and at the water point you need a water container or a reusable cup because we will not provide plastic cups for an ecological reason.
Want to become an official partner?
Price for the Maxi-Race 20 km:
- Optional extra: Maxi Race Tee R200 ORDER HERE
NO REFUNDS will be considered for the 20km event
You can’t run anymore Maxi Race ? It is possible to give your BIB to someone else. Find the runner (you can post in our Facebook page) and send an email to “email@example.com”. There is a R200 fee for substitution.
“I’m an elite runner and wish to be invited” Why not…
Free registration (excluding meals)
- Men: limited places – 10 bib number. You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have more than 800 ITRA point (general ranking) or
- be among the top 3 men in your country
- ladies: limed places – 10 bib numbers You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have 699 ITRA points (general ranking) or
- be in the top 3 ladies in your country
Bib number collection
Bib number and welcome pack collection at the Stellenbosch Laerskool, the finish line will be there too.
The adress is Endler Rd, Mostertsdrift, Stellenbosch, 7600
Here is the Google Map link: http://bit.ly/biblaerskool