Short Race 20km
GATEWAY TO TRAIL
Enter the 2nd edition here: http://bit.ly/maxientries
- 19km – 500m climb and descent
- Date: Sunday 4th of October 2020
- Start venue: Stellenbosch Laerskool
- Finish venue: Stellenbosch Laerskool
- Cut off: 5hrs
- Wednesday 6th November 2019: Entries open
- Sunday 26th September 2020: Entries close
- Friday 2nd October from 2pm to 7:30pm: Bib number and welcome pack collection in Stellenbosch. Don’t forget your proof of ID (ID card/passport or membership photo card).
- Sunday 4th October:
- 7:45am: Briefing
- 8am: Start
- Sunday 4th October:
- 12am: Prize Giving Ceremony
There will be one aid station at km10 in Mont Marie. Food and water will be available and even some wine. Don’t forget to stop for a wine tasting to get into the Cape Winelands spirit!
There will be also a Water point at km6 and km13 (same place, you will pass 2 times there).
- AS1 – Mont Marie 10km: 10:30am (2.5hrs)
- Finish – Stellenbosch Primary: 1pm (5hrs)
There is no compulsory equipment but we strongly recommend you choose your equipment accordingly. Conditions in the mountains can change rapidly.
However if you want to be able to drink at the aid station and at the water point you need a water container or a reusable cup because we will not provide plastic cups for an ecological reason.
Want to become an official partner?
Price for the Short Race 20 km:
- Early bird price (between 6 & 7th of November 2019 at 12pm): R280
- Price after the early bird: R350
It is possible to upgrade through Energy Events. There is a R50 fee + the difference between the races.
It is possible to give your BIB to someone else. Find the runner (you can post on our Facebook page) and process the change through Energy Events. There is a R50 fee.
“I’m an elite runner and wish to be invited” Why not…
Free registration (excluding meals)
- Men: limited places – 10 bib number. You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have more than 800 ITRA point (general ranking) or
- be among the top 3 men in your country
- ladies: limed places – 10 bib numbers You must comply with one of the following conditions:
- have 699 ITRA points (general ranking) or
- be in the top 3 ladies in your country
Bib number collection
Bib number and welcome pack collection at Stellenbosch Laerskool, the finish line will be there too.
The adress is Endler Rd, Mostertsdrift, Stellenbosch, 7600
Here is the Google Map link: http://bit.ly/biblaerskool